Matthew is the youngest of our three boys. He has been diagnosed with Mitochondrial Disorder Complex I and III, Chronic Intestinal Pseudo Obstruction, FTT and Glucose Intolerance. He has been through countless tests and procedures in the past 8 years . We do not know what the future holds for him, but we are going to do our best to cherish every day with him. Stay strong little man.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sunday we headed to The Enchanted Forest/Water park in Old Forge NY . Our friends Allison and Donna came along with us. We saw several deer along the road on the way there. Some were not even afraid of the cars.

We forgot to give Steven his "car sickness" meds before we left , so the poor kid threw up. He did manage to get out of the car first this time. Terry pulled the car over in the middle of nowhere and out Steven ran right into a big patch of Poison Ivy. So far, he hasn't broke out in a rash. I don't think he will. The park wasn't crowded at all, but it also wasn't very warm out. It didn't help that I forgot to bring jackets.

Everyone did have a good time and Bradley and Steven loved that there weren't any lines for the water slides. The water was heated but still felt freezing to me. Matthew stepped into the kiddie pool and walked to the other side and then was done. Also, too cold for him. He really enjoyed watching the tiger show . Yesterday, Matthew lounged around and was also pretty cranky. I think he was overtired. He did go outside for a bit and played ponies on our back porch.

Today, it was much more humid out. I took the boys to our local fair for a few hours. They wanted to see if they won any ribbons for their artwork they entered. All three on them won ribbons and some money. It was opening day for the fair today so from 12-1 the rides were free. Bradley and Steven went on a few rides, but Matthew said that he wasn't in a ride mood. He was too hot and wanted to stay in the shade. We only stayed 2 hours, but he looked like he was melting by the time we left. His cooling vest would have come in handy today, but I have to send it back for a smaller size. It's way too big.

Matthew had a wonderful surprise this afternoon. A friend of mine (Michelle) and her daughters brought over a huge My little Pony castle and several ponies. They wanted Matthew to have it since they don't play with it anymore. Matthew was asleep when they got here but woke up just as they were leaving. He was cranky at first (not quite awake) but after a few small snacks, he was ready to play with it. Thank you Michelle, Lacy and Allie.

No comments: