Matthew is the youngest of our three boys. He has been diagnosed with Mitochondrial Disorder Complex I and III, Chronic Intestinal Pseudo Obstruction, FTT and Glucose Intolerance. He has been through countless tests and procedures in the past 8 years . We do not know what the future holds for him, but we are going to do our best to cherish every day with him. Stay strong little man.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Matthew's Preschool Graduation!!!!

Matthew had his preschool graduation today. He was very excited and did a wonderful job talking when it was his turn. He even told a few of his favorite jokes. He was sad this afternoon when he asked if there was one more day of school. I told him that school was over and that most of his friends will be going to different schools in the fall. He cheered up when I told him that we could have some of his Friends over this summer and that he would still be able to play with them. He does want to thank everyone who made his day special.

He also wants to thank Krystal for his new packs of gum, Dani for his new lollipop shirt and princess jewelry, his friend Saige for the cool ball and his Friend Regin for a really cool popeye shirt. He loves everything.

The temperatures here have been in the 80's the past two days. Matthew was very overheated yesterday. His class went to the beach in the morning for one last picnic before vacation. Matthew played a little bit there and stuck his toes in the water but he didn't stay for long. He was getting hot and not having very much fun. By afternoon he was very hot even at home. i had to dunk him into our pool to cool him off. If anyone heard a screaming boy around 3 PM yesterday, it probably was Matthew. He did not like being dipped into the pool. He did feel better after and was much cooler.Still no news from his doctors. No news on the enzyme status or about the team phone conference we were having this week! Last Friday was the last that I heard from his GI doctor in Boston. He said that he would call us on Monday, get the conference set up, and start the enzymes. We have e-mailed him everyday this week and nothing back yet. I'm sure he will call or e-mail us again this Friday evening(when nothing can be done until the following week) to tell us that he's working on a "NEW PLAN". It's very frustrating when a few months ago his doctors were telling us that Matthew can not stay in this "starvation" mode forever and that something needed to be done if he is to survive in the future. That being said, here we are almost two months after being discharged from Boston without a plan.

No comments: